Sunday, August 31, 2008

Cased Fall scene


Sorry I havent posted in a couple of days. Pre-op turned out to be a long process. Alana has a complicated medical history so we have to take a few different routes than normal for her surgery on Tuesday. They want to keep her overnight too to observe her after the surgery. Please keep her in your prayers.
Today is my favorite challenge of the week as most of you who visit regulary know. Todays featured stamper is NikiE she has a wonderful gallery full of fanastic colored images! I cased Niki's halloween card here. I changed the card from a halloween card to a fall card but I kept her layout and basic design. I loved her bat stamped background panel so I used the leaves cluster to make my background. All images used on my card are from Treehouse stamps Happy Fall yall. I stamped the scarecrow image onto watercolor paper using stazon black. I colored the him w/SU markers using Julies no copics no problem technique. I usually dont try to make "scenes" b/c its just not my thang! KWIM!??! I usually end up with a disaster!LOL! I sponged the sky and ground then I stamped the solid leaf image on the ground. The pumpkin image is was cut out and popped up. The inside of the card is stamped with the larger leaf image in old olive and pumpkin pie. I stamped the sentiment "happy fall yall" in close to cocoa. I added two dew drops to the image. Hope you're having a great Labor Day weekend!





1 comment:

Neva said...

Love this fall scene you created today while CASEing the FS. This is gorgeous, Great job.