Saturday, August 9, 2008

Swinging cupcake

I have a double challenge card for you today. I used Taylors cupcake challenge 28 and Heathers color challenge. I left off the soft sky from Heather colors b/c I have a hard time with 4 colors but I loved how the turquoise, rust, and choc chip looked together!

I used this cute monkey image from H&Ms Wild birthday wishes
and since hes holding a cupcake it fit perfectly for Taylors cupcake challenge. I colored the monkey using the gamsol magic technique and then outlined in copic cool gray no.1 marker. I used the white gel pen to go over his eyes b/c I colored them in. I also added diamond stickles to the icing of the cupcake. I added 3 ribbon strips to the image using choc chip and turquiose grosgrain. I cut a 2" and a 1 1/2" circle with my fiskars circles and layered the sentiment punched with SU large oval. Both the oval and circle layers are popped up. My card base is 6 1/2 x 7 folded in half so it measures 6 1/2 x 3 1/2. Hope you have a great weekend!

2 comments:

Pat's little corner of the world said...

This is so cute..I love your colors together...TFS...Great card

Neva said...

Shannon this is just too cute, love that monkey on the vine. great job on the color challenge