Sunday, August 17, 2008

Petal Friendship Case


Todays featured stamper is Jessie aka knightrone. Jessie is a super stamper with a fabulous gallery. Featured stamper challenge is one of my faves. I like browsing through their gallery and seeing a card that will make me get out an image/set that I havent used in awhile or not at all. While looking through Jessies gallery I came across her petal friendship card. I had to case it! Pick a petal was one of the sets I ordered out of the preview from last years catalog. I think Ive actually used it twice. I inked up the polka dot petal in brilliant blue. I stamped the petal onto whisper white stamping with the corner of the petal off the cs. I stamped the doodled image in stazon over the polka dot petals. I stamped the flower center in black stazon then the doodled center in craft white. I added stardust stickles to the polka dots. The flower image is matted on black. I stamped the polka dot background on brilliant blue in craft white. For my sentiment I pulled out PTI's faux ribbon. My fave set for small sentiments. I stamped the wishing you well on ww. I added the silver HH and MM rhinestone brads. I went digging through my ribbon stash and found this blue polka dot ribbon from Joanns. After I assembled the card I added the black dots to the ww panel under the ribbon, under the sentiment, and the corner. There was just way too much white going on for me!LOL!

Well Im family reunioned out today! We went to my family reunion yesterday and Dannys today. They are always on the same weekend so its usually a busy weekend for us. Now its race time!

3 comments:

Carolina said...

Great take on Jessie's card! Hope you had a great time at the reunion!

Denise Marzec said...

Love your petals card. That brilliant blue with all the polka dots is so bright and cheerful. Love it!

Congrats on your award. You totally deserve it!! And...big, big thank you for passing on the award and including me on the list with such talented girls. What an honor!

Neva said...

Shannon this is just awesome. Glad you found use for that big petal set. Great color choices too since that is my fav.