Sunday, August 10, 2008

Seal case


Todays featured stamper is Kim aka Blondie090277. She has a wonderful gallery! I cased her Sammy the seal card. I loved her background shading and TRIED it on my card. Yeah I think I'll just leave it to Kim!LOL!
I pulled the colors from the Paper studio dp I used. I used a real red 4 1/4" sq card base and bazzil yellow to mat the dp. I punched out the scallop circle in tempting turquiose and used fiskars circles for my main image. I colored the ground with copic marker e33 sand and prismacolor canary yellow for the highlight around the seal. The hambo seal is colored with prismacolor marker cool grey 40%. I love this adorable seal and when I saw Kim's seal card I knew I had to case it using my hambo seal! I dont have the stand stamp that goes with the seal so I used Kims idea to use a punch for the ball. I punched the ball with a 1 1/4" circle and drew lines using another circle edge. I colored the ball with prismacolor markers canary yellow and crimson red. I popped up seal on top of the ball. Now I wasnt really thing when I did this b/c the seal is over the awning but oh well!LOL! For the awning I used my Martha stewart border punch with textured wild wasabi. The awning, the seal, and the turquiose scallop are all popped up. This was a fun card to make and I will probably add a bday sentiment to it for one of the kids classmates. Have a great day!

5 comments:

Denise Marzec said...

Love this! What a fun card!!

Neva said...

Shannon, I love this, great job with this CASE too. 3 in 1 day, you have been busy, love this image and your coloring.

Snippets Inc Craft Boutique said...

All your cards are awesome! Love the red wine.

Niki Estes said...

This turned out so cute, Shannon! I love how you colored your seal and the awning!

Anonymous said...

Super cute card Shannon. I love the bright fun colors - great way to create that beach ball. Awesome coloring job.