Thursday, August 14, 2008

Pumpkin Head

Todays challenge is to use copics or dye based markers using a faux copic method. Well I used both on my card.

As soon as I saw this cute pumpkin image & sentiment from Treehouse (available now here) I knew what I wanted to do! My Dad is the type of person that loves to pick and aggravate people. He lives for it! So he was picking on Madison one day and called her onion head. Boy did she get mad and she was giving it back to him calling him every food she could think of picklehead, tomatohead, etc! She loves to go back and forth with her Pepa. It tickles me because it reminds me of me and my Dad when I was Madisons age. She's just like me b/c she will keep it going b/c she HAS to have the last word even if its yelling out the window as we're going out of the driveway!LOL! Seriously she does this all the time! So as soon as I saw this pumpkin head sentiment I just had to make a card for my Dad from Madison! He will love it!

I stamped the pumpkin image on PTI using Stazon black. I colored the pumkin first with apricot appeal SU marker and blended with an aquapainter filled with alcohol instead of water. I went over parts of the pumpkin with the pumpkin pie SU marker and blended again. I colored the stem with gable green and green galore. I covered the pumpkin with crystal effects and it smoothed out the lines even more. I used copic cool gray No. 1 under the image to add shadow. I added eucalyptus stickles to the stem and its the first time Ive used any stickles other than crystal, diamond, or stardust I always thought it wouldnt make a difference if the image was colored. Well...it does! I love this eucalyptus stickles! Thanks Shannon! I love this dp from MM and I stamped flannel plaid on the green galore strips to match the dp. I distressed all edges. I colored the bella baubles with my pumpkin pie marker. Have a great day!

3 comments:

Laura (scrapnextras) said...

Awesome fall card, and you colouring is fabulous!

Neva said...

Oh how cute, just remind your Dad that he was called "butter bean" most of his youth years. LOL. This is gorgeous, great job of coloring and I love that DP

Denise Marzec said...

Awesome coloring, Shannon!