Wednesday, August 6, 2008

Petey sending sparkling smiles


Today brings us another fun sketch from Rox! The only thing I didnt like about todays sketch was I couldnt figure out where ribbon would fit in so I just left it off. I like the layout and will probably try it again later with a floral image.
For this card I pulled out Petey. Hes so adorable! He was begging to be played with since I got this KI Memories Simple stripes dp from HL a few weeks ago. It is so fun and bright! Petey is colored using gamsol magic technique. I outlined the image and the lines on the ice block with Copic cool gray no.1. I added diamond stickles to the fish in the glass, the puddle of water, and the lines on the ice block. The sentiment is another one from Verve visual. For embellishments I added clear dew drops. Im not sure who I will give this to yet but it will probably be a young girl since I used pinks/purples.
Today is the last day of summer for us *Boo* *Hoo**!! Danny and I were talking last night about Brayden. Tommorrow will be his first day of Kindergarten. My baby is growing up sooo fast. We went to my Moms last night and had a great time. Jessie and Danny took the kids fishing while me and Mama looked at the new SU catty!!! Great night!LOL! And.....I finally got my order so now I finally have the new in colors! So yummy!!!! BTW Alana outfished her Daddy last night and I had to tell everyone!LOL! I couldnt believe they were able to catch anything since it was so hot yesterday I think the temp was 99 and heat index was 110! Alana caught a 6 lb and a 4 lb catfish. Dannys catfish weight 3 1/2 lbs so he was thrown back! Ha!Ha! Alana was so cute she had to talk to Pepa (my Dad) and tell him how she caught the fish! She reminds me so much of me as a little girl. I used to love to go fishing with my Dad I even had my own little pole like Alana does. I remeber for Christmas when I was 12 or 13 I got my first "grown up" fishing pole. Of course Alana fishes just like her Mama I dont take the fish off the hook thats the Daddy's job!LOL! Have a great day!

2 comments:

Nancy B said...

Hey Shannon, that card is so cute!!

Also your catalog that I promised you will going out as soon as I get more catalogs.

Looking forward to seeing what SU has for us to spend our hard earn cash on.

Take care and enjoy the catty.

Neva said...

Shannon this is just eyecatching and wonderful. Love that dp. Great job on the sketch.