Monday, September 1, 2008

Fright Night with a little black magic



Today is the day H & M releases 40 stamp sets and as an added bonus Heather is offereing FREE shipping!! Gotta love that! To visit the H & M store click on the link on my sidebar!


On to todays card! Todays technique challenge is Black Magic. I've seen the technique before but never tried it. Its fun to do but not so fun to try to photograph especially on a cloudy day! The spooky house and fence are stamped with craft white ink and colored using prismacolor pencils dipped in gamsol. All the images used on my card are from H & M's new Fright Night! A great halloween set! Okay so youre probably looking at my colors and thinking its not exactly looking like a halloween card but theres a reason just be patient!LOL! I used Taylors cupcake challenge for my layout. I kept my design pretty basic I stamped the bats in the upper left corner and added black gingham ribbon and the popped up oval sentiment for accents.


Okay now for the explanation of colors! Sorry Im a little longwinded today b/c Im so excited to share with you my next creation!!! I bought some test tubes from Michaels the other day. I went looking online to see if I could find any ideas to use with them. I saw a few creations that I liked(and bookmarked for later use) but not exactly what I was looking for. So I ran to the dollar store to get some candy and go from there! Boy am I glad I did!LOL! I found the cutest thing!! Monster potions by Nerds! They are so cute and they were already in a test tube! Heck yeah!LOL! Okay so they were in a box of 12 and there are 4 different candies so I just picked up the whole box. I came home took apart the box and designed this......
How cute is this!?!?! I dont usually like to toot my own horn but BEEP!! BEEP!! I love this! I have the hardest time making boxes, etc from directions but I sat down and made my own template with this! So I know you are all wanting directions, tutorial, etc. and it coming soon! I do have a couple of things I want to change to stabilize the box more before I do a tutorial! All images/sentiment on the box are all also from Fright Night! See I told you this was a fun set! I just love the book case with the eyes peeking out!LOL! Just in case you cant see the names of the candies they are bat bite antidote, vampire vaccine, werewolf morph, and mummy makeover. Perfect!! And as you can see I pulled the colors from the candies for my color combo! Can you tell Im super excited about this!LOL!
I'll be back later with another H & M creation....until then have a great day!

3 comments:

Ann said...

Wow! Both of these are SO cute! :D

Neva said...

Shannon these are both just adorable, what a great find. The kids are really gonna love these. The test tubes are just too funny. Love it.

JenMarie said...

FABULOUS creations!
Lovin' that coffee card!!