Wednesday, September 17, 2008

sc194 Real wild bayou wisemen

Sometimes it takes as long to decide on a title for my card as it does to make it! I usually like to use the color names and pick a name for the image. Dontcha like my title today!LOL!!

Todays sketch challenge is a fun one! Ive always like the color blocking look. I colored this image last night while watching the new 90210 and Priviledged. I used 3 colors I knew I had prints for(and copics/prismacolor markers!) when coloring so I could use any of them with the sketch and the sketch was perfect! I used all 3!! Love when that happens!LOL! Ive been trying to use up some of my prints so I have an excuse to get some of the new ones!
I only have a few copic/prismacolor markers. Im slowly getting my collection started so I dont have all the ones I need to do the right shading (didnt realize this while I was getting them!) The first thing I wanted to get with the markers were the in colors since SU doesnt have markers in them. I also got a 12 pack of primsacolor markers at HL with my 40% off coupon that has mostly bright colors. Copic markers are on my Christmas list!! Speaking of Christmas check out this new image by Treehouse stamps. Isnt it so cute?!?! This set will be released this Friday!!! Its so fun to color. I love how my card came together today. The design on the prints remind me of stars. I used alot of white on my card today something I dont do very often but I love how it looks! Hope you like my card as much as I do. Have a great day!

5 comments:

Neva said...

Shannon this is just awesome, love your coloring, love the pattern print paper colors and designs you chose. Fantastic start to your Christmas card collection.

Denise Marzec said...

Great color combo and your coloring is beautiful!

...I have fun playing with post titles too, LOL!

Unknown said...

Thanks for leaving me a comment on my blog today-- You always leave the nicest comments on SCS. I love your wisemen card colors and coloring-- great DP choices on there!! That's funny that our kids are spaced the same way! :) Thanks again for stopping by!

Nancy B said...

Shannon, Love it! those color's are wonderful together, and that stamp is too.

Anonymous said...

What a great Christmas card. I absolutely love those bright colors and that image is wonderful! Great challenge card Shannon!