Thursday, September 25, 2008

Charmed Trick or treaters


Todays ways to use it is CHARMS. I actually only have a few charms so I decided to make my own for this card. I started this card as this weeks MFTsc but it didnt end up that way!LOL!

I love this trick or treaters image from MFT fright night! They are sooo cute! I colored the image using copic and primsacolor markers and outlined w/cool gray no.1 marker. Do you see my new goodie on my card?!?! My super sweet Mom got me the new spider web ef!!! Its an early bday present since my bday is so close to Halloween she gave it to me early so I can play!!! I used some textured cs from HL for my embossed background and I love how some of the white core shows where it embossed. So I added a little distressing to the dp also. Its hard to see but the dp I used is the black spider web dp from last years halloween dp creepy crawly. Its looks really cute IRL!

Okay to make my charm I used poly shrink/shrinky dinks I cant remeber which one since I threw the package away but they are basically the same. You stamp on the side that is NOT shiny! I always forget this!LOL! Instead of cutting mine out this time I used my 1" circle punch. This is important! Always punch your hole for your jump ring to go in BEFORE you shrink your image! If not the hole will close up and you aint getting nothin in it!LOL! What I usually do is punch my hole then use my paper piercer to hold my image down as it shrinks and to keep the hole from closing up. I love to watch it shrink!LOL!! Its so cool lookin!LOL! I know Im easily amazed!LOL! have a great day!

3 comments:

Denise Marzec said...

GREAT Halloween card!

Neva said...

I love that spider charm, I have got to try that polyshrink stuff we bought yrs ago. :(
Great job on todays challenge Shannon. love it.

Carolina said...

This is just too stinkin' cute and love your handmade charm - what a perfect touch to this already adorable card!