Wednesday, September 24, 2008

Bwc Jolly Old Snowman

Of all the times for my computer to go crazy on me it chose this week!!! Sorry I havent been able to post but Ive had computer issues since Sunday night. Everytime I get on the internet I get an error message and my computer kicks me out! I think Ive got the problem fixed now (hopefully!) Todays Brainwave challenge is a color challenge. I love these colors!! I combined Ashleys bwc with todays sketch challenge for my Jolly Old snowman sneak peek. This was an odd sketch for me! It may grow on me as the day goes on though!LOL! The snowman and tree images are from Treehouse stamps and will be available this Friday!!
I love this snowman he has a country look to him and I thought the colors worked perfectly for a country Christmas card. I colored the snowman w/prismacolor pencils limepeel, crimson lake, and dark brown and blended w/gamsol. I added copic bg-10 for the snowman and accents on the snowman. I outlined the image with cool gray no.1 marker. I stamped the kiwi kiss panel with the trees and the riding hood red panel with flannel plaid. I added 3 dew drops and wide choc chip ribbon for my embellishments. I started to add sparkle to the image but decided not. Ive used my horizontal slot punch more in the past two weeks than I ever have!LOL! Do you do that to??! Get on kicks w/your punches and tools? Have a great day!!

2 comments:

Karen said...

I love how you used this cute little snowman Shannon. Great use of the colors too!

Neva said...

Shannon love this combo of SC & BWC you have here. This snowman looks so cozy with his cap and scarf on. Love the stamped trees on the panel behind him. Great job on both of these challenges. Glad you got your puter issues resolved. You are right the week you are FS is not a good time for you to have puter problems or for your Mom to be gone OOT. :(