Sunday, September 28, 2008

Masking Fall Terrore



Congrats to Terry aka Terrore3 todays featured stamper!! As I was browsing through Terrys gallery I came across this card and knew it was the one I wanted to case. My mojo has been out the door this week!LOL! Just about everything Ive made ended up in the kids card stash. See I have a little bit of my Mama in me and I hate to throw things away or waste!LOL! My kids love using my images and cards to make their own so I have a little container that I put images I didnt stamp quite right or cards that I didnt like and they can make their cards for their friends. So they dont go to waste!

As you can see Im still in fall mode over here! So for this week I will be featuring fall and halloween cards to finish them up and next week we'll move on to Christmas! H and M will be having a blog hop on Oct.1 featuring fall goodies to be sure to stop by on Oct. 1!! Okay on to the card...I wanted to use H and M's sketch challenge from yesterday. You can play along here (remeber you dont have to use H and M stamps but if you've got them why not use them!!). I used some of the colors in the color challenge but not all of them. For my main image I did alot of masking which I dont normally do! I stamped the two small pumpkins and masked them and stamped the larger pumpkin so it was behind the two smaller pumpkins. I then masked all of the pumpkins and stamped the hay bales on each side of the pumkins. I masked the hay bales and stamped one more on each side. Then I masked the hay bales and pumpkins and stamped the leaves. whoooshh!! told you it was alot of masking!LOL! I colored the image using primsacolor pencils and blended with gamsol. I added an outlined using the cool gray no. 1 copic marker. The main image is layered on ruby red. My pumpkin pie layer is sponged w/pumpkin pie ink and then choc chip. I used fiskars circles to cut a 3 1/2" circle and stamped w/sanded background tone on tone. I sponged the circle w/old olive and then choc chip. I added faux stitching with my choc chip marker around the circle for the OCC stitching challenge. I added twill ribbon that I stamped the leaves on and antique copper brads for embellishments. The card base is stamped tone on tone with weathered background and sponged with ruby red and then choc chip. Have a great day!

3 comments:

Neva said...

Shannon this is just gorgeous, love these fall colors. love the layout too. FANTASTIC job

Anonymous said...

"Super Duper" Keep up the Good Work.

Regards,
image clipping

Bellawhoop said...

Love your card - it's GORGEOUS! And what a fabulous idea to give the not-so-great cards/images to your kids! :)