Tuesday, September 16, 2008

Christmas Favorites


Ive got a sneak peek from Treehouse this morning for you! The poinsetta image and sentiment are from Christmas Favorites and will be available from Treehouse stamps this Friday. Treehouse is releasing holiday stamps every Friday the month of September.
Todays color challenge is always artichoke, riding hood red, and basic grey so I had just had to ink up this poinsetta! I stamped the poinsetta image 3 times with versamagic onyx black ink. I colored one of the flowers w/marine green prismacolor pencil and 2 flowers w/crimson lake prismacolor pencil. I outlined the green flower with copic cool gray no.1 marker. I cut out both red flowers and curled the ends up and added dimensionals. I colored the center of the flower w/silver prismacolor pencil and also added silver stickles.
Its been awhile since I made an elegant card so I pulled out my arthichoke pallet of prints and used this print I love to use for elegant cards! I paired it with the ef in riding hood red. I love this print and ef together!! I used basic gray taffeta ribbon another fave of mine for more elegant cards. I wanted to use Amy's sketch challenge from the OCC blog so I added the sentiment layer with brads on each side and added dimensionals. Have a great day and check out other DT member blogs for more sneak peeks!

3 comments:

Neva said...

Shannon this is just fantastic, The CB and DP match are just perfect together for this elegant and gorgeous Christmas card creation. Great job on the CC today

Denise Marzec said...

Oooooh, love all the dimension on the flower. Awesome!!

Joanne said...

I love these colors together! Nice card.