Saturday, September 13, 2008

Saturday HM Challenge


Happy Saturday to you! You know what that means-another Saturday color vs. sketch from Heather. Remeber you dont have to use HM stamps to particpate in the challenge! Heathers is giving away goodies each week for playing along so check out her blog for the details!


Okay so I have some s'plainin to do on my card today!LOL! I started off TRYING to use the sketch!LOL! It just went into something more so todays card is another sketch(ish) card!LOL! I dont know about all of you but with my cards I have to start with the main image and work everything else around the image! So I stamped the leaf image and colored using SU markers. I wanted to use the girl this time so I stamped her legs and upper body (seperate images) and colored using SU markers. I cut out her legs and body and when I was trying to get them just where I wanted I had an idea! I pulled out my craft knife (which had layers of dust!) and went along the top of the leaf pile. I tucked the upper body image under the leafs and popped up just the top so its kinda angled. I did the same thing for the legs. I stamped the leaf cluster above her head so it looks like she just threw them and its getting ready for another handful! Okay now this is the part where my brain should have said (warning main image large enough! warning!LOL!) but I love the little bag images in this set and I havent used them yet! So of course I stamped one beside her. So needless to say I had to adjust the sketch a little. I made this a large sq card using textured bravo burgundy as my card base. I layered with textured so saffron sponged w/close to cocoa. For the strip I stamped the leaf cluster onto old olive using close to cocoa. I used striped pumpkin pie ribbon and hemp twine for my stay put bow. I stamped the sentiment frolic and play in cocoa and in a leaf throwing way in burgundy. I layered the main image w/pumpkin pie and distressed the edges and sponged with close to cocoa. Sorry for the darker pic but its 11:00 at night here right now as Im writing this b/c our town festival is tommorrow. I will be back later today to announce the blog candy winner so you still have time to enter!!! Have a great Saturday!

4 comments:

Denise Marzec said...

Oh my gosh, Shannan, I can so see why you were picked for the DT. Your cards are so pretty. Love this!

Anonymous said...

Shannon - I had no idea that Heather is having Sketch Challenges...wahhooo - I love it!!!
You've been really rockin' all of her stamps - all of your cards are just fabulous!!!

BTW - we have to get together soon - I'm looking forward meeting you and your mom!!!

Hugs
~Silke~

Emma Fewkes said...

Love it Shannon! The colours are great ... and I love your 'take' on the sketch. Gorgeous!

Neva said...

I LOVE THIS, such a fantastic fall scene you created here. Love the way it looks like she is just having a blast being buried in all of those leaves. fantastic coloring.