Monday, May 28, 2007

Ribbon Inspired Cards




Dont you just love long weekends!!! I got some serious stampin time in this weekend. It was great!!! DH and kids watched the race yesterday and I stamped!! Check out my gallery today I've added a few cards there too!
Now on to the cards. Both of these cards use the same colors and ribbon. I was inspired by the ribbon for the color combo. I used mellow moss, bashful blue, and blush blossom. The first card I made I also used my $1 stamps from Michaels I always BUY but never USE! Why do we do that?! If it's only a dollar I cant resist it even if I never use it! I distressed all the layers on the card. I stamped tone on tone on both layers and colored in the flower with my white gel pen. This card was a quick super simple card.
The second card I made after I was stamping some Inky Antics stamps for a friend I am swapping stamped images with (Hey Ash) and realized how long it had been since I used them so I made a card with each this weekend. I colored the turtle with my markers and used sahara sand pencil for shadow. I think this one is my favorite of the two b/c I like the layout. Leave me a comment and let me know which one YOU like better and why!
Hope you have a safe and happy day! If the smoke clears here we are going to be grilling today and hopefully (fingers crossed) getting in the pool! Be back tommorrow with a new challenge card.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Love this turtle, love this card. Great job.