Thursday, May 17, 2007

Crate Butterfly

On Taylor's blog yesterday she had a fab card using American crafts double sided paper. She mentioned how she loved using it for cards because the inside had a coordinating solid color for sentiments. I had the exact paper she used on her card from American crafts but changed my mind and went a different route. I love Crate paper it has wonderful texture and I love the distressed look it has. The paper I used on this card is from the Taylor collection (too funny Taylor inspired card using Taylor paper) from Eclectic Paperie. I have neglected my Butterfly kisses set from Paper Trey Ink so I pulled it out and used the butterfly with the dots since I was using polka dot paper-perfect match! I stamped the solid butterfly in bashful blue then I stamped the dotted butterfly in Chocolate Chip. I doodled the antenna with my Chocolate Chip marker. The birthday wishes sentiment is stamped in garden green. Grosgain ribbon is bashful blue with ribbon that I got at Joann's a few months ago for $0.50. They were having a sale and there micro spool ribbon is usually $.99 but it was 1/2 off and I bought 20 spools! I love me some ribbon! The satin ribbon used here is a perfect match to Chocolate Chip. TFL!
Well Melinda goes home last night on American Idol which puts my girl Jordin in the finale along with Blake. Now I know there are some Blake lovers out there but I just adore Jordin she has such a great voice! We'll have to see next week what the finale will bring. My oldest daughter Alana loves watching American Idol with Mommy. She gets to watch the performances on Tues. night but Wed. night is past her bedtime so that is always the first thing she ask me when she wakes up...Mommy who went home?
Tommorrow will be a late post because Alana is graduating from Kindergarten tommorrow so they are having a program @ 10:30. DH is so mad they are having in the middle of the day b/c he cant go so I'll have to take lots of pics for him. Im sure she'll give him an encore performance when he gets in Friday night. Have a great day! P.S. For those of you that have been lucky enough to see the preview brochure (it was on the demo website yesterday) how awesome are the new in colors!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Wishing now I had bought that stamp set. There is still time, maybe I could get a part time job to buy all of the stamps I want?
Love this card and the blog.