Wednesday, May 9, 2007

Best Blossom Perhaps



I'm on a roll 2 challenge days in a row. This card is for today's sketch challenge. Yesterday's sketch challenge was a color challenge and to make the card for a little boy named Shane for his 8th birthday. If you havent done a splitcoast challenge I encourage you to try it out. They are fun and will defintely get you stampin! Today's sketch challenge was squares. I bought this DP from flaxychick awhile back and instantly thought of Best Blossoms when I saw the flower on Basic Grey Perhaps DP. I love the 6x6 pads of Basic Grey DP they are so perfect for cards. I 'm so glad SU jumped on the bandwagon with the 6x6 pads. For this card I distressed the edges of the paper and sponged in regalrose. Regal Rose and Pretty in Pink were the best matches I found for the Perhaps DP so I stamped the Best Blossom in Pretty in Pink and shaded with Regal Rose. The ribbon is some I got at Michaels. The belt loop is a 2x2 Quickutz shape. For a shading with markers tutorial chlick here http://inkblots.webseitler.com/blog/2007/03/tutorial-tuesday-shading-with-markers.html

Hope everyone voted for Jordin last night! She did awesome as usual. Hard to say what will happen on tonights show. Besides being an American Idol fan I am a big Gilmore Girl fan so during commericial breaks Im flipping to Gilmore Girls b/c I can catch up with what I missed on Gilmore Girls when it comes out on DVD. Sadly next week is the series finale of the gilmore girls gonna miss 'em! Anyone who knows me knows I hate commericials so anytime one of my fave shows comes out on DVD I have to have it so I can watch reruns w/out commericials how great is that! So if you havent already guessed my house is full of toys(3 kids ya'know), my crafts, and movies probably in that order!LOL! Off to do housework(so fun huh!??!)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Great looking card! Glad you enjoyed my little tip. :)