Thursday, May 3, 2007

Bold Butterfly




Well my blog "ate" my first post this morning so we are going to try this again. Todays card is my #3 fave on the retired list. I love bold butterfly because it is so pretty with the bright colors. I used the dazzling diamonds technique for the main panel. The dazzling diamonds technique can be found on splitcoaststampers under the resources page. This card is very sparkly IRL. I have a confession I am a total DP hoarder! I love paper but have a hard time using it. Not today though! I cut not just one but two pages of my DP. Big claps for me! I just had to the colors matched perfectly with pink passion and pumpkin pie and the flowers on the DP were a perfect match with the flowes in the bold butterfly set. DP is My Minds Eye slab I got at Michaels a few months ago well almost a year! It is the first time I've used any out of the slab. I told you I was a paper hoarder! The three brads at the bottom are also some I got a Michaels.


On a personal note last night was insane. My daughter had her pre-k graduation program. We were meeting family to eat before the program and we were 20 minutes late because Madison could not find her shoe (she says my nother shoe) usually so cute NOT so much last night. When we got to the place they were having the program which we were actually on time for it was packed! No where to sit period! So we had to stand the entire program along with my two other kids and grandparents. It was so hot I was pouring sweat! Each class sung a song and got their certificates so I was in the front camera ready when Madison class sang. She was on the opposite side of the stage and I could not get a pic of her while they were singing so I thought okay I'll just get one of her as she gets her certificate b/c she would be right in front of me. Guess what?!! My battery died on my camera the second they called her name and my batteries were in my person in the back where my family was standing. I wanted to cry. All that aside it was a memorable night my little girl had reached another stepping stone in her life. I did manage to get a pic after everything was over outside. That's all you need at the end of the day one thing that can make you grin from ear to ear.

No comments: