Wednesday, November 19, 2008

Christmas Favorites

Happy hump day!! Heres my card for todays sketch challenge. As soon as I seen the sketch I knew I wanted to use the curvy label nestabilities. Mama just got these and I took them from her to play with while she was gone shes expecting them back tommorrow (insert evil grin here!). I usually dont view the gallery until AFTER Ive made my card for many reasons. Usually if I see someone else has used an idea I was thinking of I will go a different direction or I end up casing someone not really meaning too. KWIM?!?! Well I decided to peek at the gallery today and saw quite a few cards using this curvy label punch but I was determined to use it anyway! I also used some of my new goodies from Jacksonbelle (wassail dp and ribbon).

I pulled out my Treehouse stamps Christmas favorites set. I noticed this stocking was uninked and I couldnt have that!LOL! Im really glad I did! This is such a cute image and I love it with the Basic Grey wassail dp. I stamped the stocking twice onto Pti white and colored using gamsol magic. I cut out the heel, toe, and top of the stocking and popped up for paper tole. I also used some of my new Coordinations cs on my card! LOVE it!! This card almost ended up in the trash a couple of times but Im glad I stuck with it! Im pretty happy with it now! Have a great night!!

7 comments:

Neva said...

ONG Shannon this is so adorable. Love the colors, love the coloring. Great job with today's sketch.

Michelle B. AKA JustPaintingAround said...

Love the polka dot theme throughout! How fun!

Denise Marzec said...

This is GORGEOUS, Shannon! Great coloring and I love the paper!

Cindy Haffner said...

Oh so cute, great job on the sketch.

StampOwl said...

what a great card!

Deb said...

So adorable Shannon! You and your mom are so blessed to be able to share goodies!

Christyne said...

This is cute, cute, CUTE! Great job on the challenge!