Wednesday, July 2, 2008

Wintergreen Sealife

I have a confession! Im dp challenged! I love dp and have plenty of it to prove it!LOL! All the colors, patters, etc! My faves are stripes and polka dots. I can use them no problem but when it comes to other patterns I draw a blank when it comes to using more than one design. I see so many fabulous card with mixes of dp and think I NEVER would have thought to mix those!
So for today I thought Id mix things up a little. I love todays sketch challenge! Awesome layout! I started with my H & M turtle from the Sealife set. I love this turtle! Isnt he the cutest?!?! I colored the turtle when I was praticing with my new copics. I used bg10 cool shadow, g21 lime green, and e33 sand to color my turtle I also used my white gel pen to add some highlights. The turtle is layered on certainly celery and then soft sky. Okay so at this point I have my creamy caramel card base, my layered turtle image and so I go digging for dp.....I pulled out several different sheets of dp trying to find what I wanted to use then I saw the soft sky pattern from the Wintergreen. I decided to pair it up with my least fave design in the prints pack. I attached both the patterns to a textured soft sky layer. I added in the polka dot ribbon and popped my main image up on dimensionals. To finish off my card I pulled out my neglected colored brads and used celery brads on each side of the ribbon. What do you think of my mixed up card!?!?!


Have a great day!

1 comment:

Neva said...

I think you did a wonderful job especially coloring that gorgeous sea turtle, that's what I think.