Friday, July 25, 2008

HM color silhouettes


So many challenges so little time!LOL! Heres a combo challenge card for you today. Heather Rolin (hlr976) hosts a sketch challenge every Saturday well last week she decided to throw in a color challenge too. You can combine and do both in one card or you can make two seperate cards or you can do one or the other...so many choices! For this card I chose to use the colors. How yummy are they?!?! Pretty in pink, choc chip, blue bayou, old olive and vanilla! I combined the colors with Joans dirty silhouette challenge. I had to use SU images since Mama has all my H & M stamps! Bad Mama!LOL! I used Garden silhouettes since the challenge was silhouettes how fitting!?!LOL! I have only mounted one image from this set so I challenged myself to ink up one of the other images. Im oh so terrible with flowers names etc so I have no idea what this image is supposed to be.
I started with a pretty in pink textured card base. Im so addicted to textured cs right now! Cant get enough of it! My next layer is old olive stamped tone on tone with french script then linen in choc chip. My blue bayou layer is stamped tone on tone with the silhouette image. For my main image I stamped the silhouette first in choc chip then blue bayou stamped off once then old olive stamped off twice. I really love how it turned out! Now Im wide ribbon challenged but I had this choc chip ribbon out and was determined to use it! It covers up part of my image but I think it looks fine. I punched out two butterfly with my Martha Stewart butterfly punch and popped them up. To finish off my card I added two silver brads to the left of my image. I love how this card turned out! I even stamped the inside! I have gotten bad the past couple of days and have not been doing that so I made myself tonight. I left off a sentiment for now since this card could be used for several different occasions.
Be back later with more challenge cards!

2 comments:

Neva said...

Just gorgeous, what else to say, love the way you stamped the focal image and stamped off again. Fantastic.

Denise Marzec said...

Love the three colors you used for the stems!