Friday, July 18, 2008

Cider Buckle Friend


Todays challenge is folding. Now I hate HATE folding clothes! Hate it!! But I love doing unique folds on cards. I decided to do a fold I havent done in awhile. The big buckle card is a fun fold to do and really simple. The first thing that came to mind was of course a western card but I decided to pull out my very neglected apple cider paper. I love this paper and bought 2 packs of it and sadly I think Ive used 2 sheets. Why do we do that?!??!
For my flower image I inked up the stamps with SU markers and the wild wasabi reinker and a fantastix. When I stamped the image it didnt quite turn out how I wanted so I colored a couple of the bridal flowers instead and attached them with a brad. All edges are sponged with choc chip ink and the main image is popped up on dimensionals. I tried to limit my embelishments so I decided to leave off ribbon since I used 6 brads. Shhhh! Dont tell the challenge police!LOL! Isnt it funny how you end up using more of something after you are not supposed to! I usually never use more than 3-4 brads on a card! But I sat down trying to do the challenge and just kept adding brads! Its like dieting Im not a big sweet eater but let me start a diet and you better hide the chocolate!LOL! I have no self control but that will be our little secret too!
Im off to try to see if I can get some sleep now. Its almost 3 am here and I know my kids will be up early in the morning just b/c I couldnt sleep tonight! Have a great day!

2 comments:

Neva said...

Shannon I love this, so pretty, My 1st thought was a buckle card. Glad you did one of these. Love that dp

Denise Marzec said...

Love big buckle cards and this ROCKS! Still love that Cider DP too!