Thursday, July 3, 2008

MFT Birthday

So were you at the MFT release party last nite? I was for like 15 minutes and my head was spinning!LOL! Then mother duty called!
Michelle post a challenge every month during the release party to be a guest designer for MFT. Who wouldnt want that?!?!LOL! This months challenge is to create a birthday card since its MFT 2nd birthday and Kim turns 40 this weekend. I had to use You take the cake. This is still my fave set to pull out for bdays! Okay so I had this idea for my card that I think I pulled off!LOL!

My green galore card base is scored with diagonal lines every inch for todays challenge she scores I did this to match the bottom present on the main image. I used SU jersey shore dp to match the polka dotted present. The real red strip has two score lines 1/4" apart below the sentiment and above the striped ribbon. I added a bazzil flower with some bling to the top left corner. My front is supposed to be the present/box.

Then when you open the inside.....

The party begans!LOL! Okay so my initial thought was kinda like girl jumping out of the cake. Dont ask me why?!! Probably from some of the demented talk that goes on during the release party!LOL! So mine is more like girl popping out of the present with cake! The image is paper pieced with summer picinic dp for the wallpaper. The cake is also popped up okay I have to explain my cake too..I colored my cake kinda like a red velvet cake since its my Moms fave so I added little brown dots on the topping to look like chopped pecans!LOL! I also added diamond stickles to the candles. The background was too plain and there was no way I was going to try to layer some dp and get the slits cut the same as the white for the pop up!LOL! So I doodled the ballons and confetti dots. I drew the balloons and added used a white gel pen for a highlight. I cant believe I have no balloon stamps! How did that happen?!?LOL! I stamped the sentiment and candles on the bottom of the card. This is my first pop up card! It was not as hard as I thought but it did take some time! I love how it turned out though!

Here is a close up of the pop up (dont look too closely or you'll see my awful cutting!LOL!) Have a great day!

3 comments:

Neva said...

Oh Shannon, I just loved the outside and then I scrolled on down and saw the inside. I hope this is for me in Oct.teehee. I love this. And a red velvet cake too, man this is delicious. punt intended. Love all of the detail you put into this. NO wonder it took you half a day to make. Now exactly where is that cake, we don't have to wait until Oct do we?

Anonymous said...

This is wonderful Shannon. I love the inside. I have never made a pop up card before. This is fantastically done. Thanks for the link to the inside.
Dawn
flowergal36

Denise Marzec said...

Love everything, and the inside is very creative. Love it!