Thursday, July 17, 2008

Summer Plaid Cupcake

Wow todays challenge was well...a challenge. We were to find something in our kitchen like spices and use them in our card. So as I was looking through my spices I ran across the pink sugar crystals I used on Madison's cupcakes for her bday last year. I know its not an orginal idea but I've been wanting to use this Cupcake set from Inkadinkado.
I paper pieced the cupcake with KI memories Summer plaid dp. The cupcake was colored using SU and copic markers. I stamped the sentiment and went over it with SU markers and added dots under the sentiment. I went over the frosting with Tulip diamond puffy paint and sprinkled the sugar on top. This is where plans went a little downhill!LOL! The water (or whatever) in the puffy paint didnt mesh well with the crystals. The crystals sorta dissolved! OOPSS! Oh well! I added ribbon tabs secured with silver brads and also added brads to the pumpkin pie panel. The striped dp is KI memories Summer stripe.

We had a great time yesterday in Albany. We just made a day of it and went to the movies, school shopping, etc. Brayden kept asking on the way was it still his bday so I just told him yeah since we were technically going to see the movie for his bday. He loved the Hulk movie! Madison sat with her fingers in her ears and her head buried in her knees on the fight scenes!LOL! So housework awaits today! Yuckkk! After Danny being here with the kids all weekend and us coming and going the way we have the past few days my house needs some serious attention! Have a great day!

1 comment:

Neva said...

Shannon this is just adorable, love the candy crystals. sorry they dissolved,but this is so sweet. Great job on todays TLC