Thursday, July 10, 2008

Watermelon crawl

Hello all! Ive been super busy the past couple of days getting my shoebox swaps ready for Faiths stamping retreat this weekend! Woohoo! Today Ive been busy washing clothes because as always the clothes have reproduced overnite!LOL!

Okay so I know this girl is technically too young to do or probably even know what the watermelon crawl is!LOL! I cant help it everytime I see this image that song pops into my head! Thanks alot Heather!LOL! For those of you who are scratching your heads saying what is she babbling about?!?!? Watermelon crawl is a country song by Tracy Byrd. So some of the lyrics are "if you ever round in Ga round about July and you aint in hurry then outta stop by I can guarantee that youre gonna have a ball learning how to do the watermelon crawl." Well guess what its July and Im here in GA!LOL! Okay enough of that on to the card....

I used Heathers sketch for this week hmsc2. Heather post a sketch on her blog every Saturday so join in! I thought this sketch would be cute with this adorable image. She is so cute with all that watermelon juice on her face. She looks like Madison!LOL! I watercolored the image something I havent done in forever! Im not the most patient person so watercoloring is not my favorite coloring technique. I also used the sentiment from this set Celebrate the day .

I will be back with a quick post in the morning before we head off for the weekend! Have a great day!

Recipe:

Stamps: Celebrate the day H & M stamps

Ink: Black Stazon

Paper: Regal rose, textured celery, celery, basic black, watercolor

Other: black gingham ribbon, silver brads, black pen, dimensionals, fiskars circles

1 comment:

Anne Marie Peterson said...

Hi Shannon! I know about that watermelon crawl!! Love the card! By the way, I'm from your neck of the woods...living in Douglas!
Anne Marie
http://didsomeonesaystamp.blogspot.com