Sunday, September 16, 2007

mytime Saturday sketch

Ive had a little time for some stamping therapy today and its been great! We've had a big weekend this weekend! Danny has not seen his dad since he was 16 and his Dad called on his bday this year and they've been talking. Danny's Dad was an alcoholic but has been sober now for 3 years. So this weekend was the very first time I've ever laid eyes on my father-in-law and my kids finally got to meet their grandaddy. Im overwhelmed w/emotions right now for my family. My husband needed this! They both needed to mend and build their realtionship. Danny had alot of bulit up anger and of course he had every right to have it but I think being w/his dad this weekend he was able to let it go. So while everyone was watching the race today I snuck away to stamp a little. Isnt it amazing how your mood affects the outcome of your cards??!!? I love how this card turned it...I just dont love how the pic turned out!LOL! When I saw Laurens sketch I knew I wanted to stamp something like in motion...then I remebered my Garden whimsy w/the cute little snail and my card was born. I pulled out my fall flowers dp( have I said before how much I love it!!). My color combo is groovy guava, really rust, and sahara sand pulled from the dp colors. The first two snails are up on dimensionals and the strip of groovy guava is paper pierced. The sentiment is stamped on the really rust layer tone on tone. To finish off the card I added 3 silver brads. Hope you're having a great weekend! I will be back later w/some pics and more to report on the visit!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Love this and the other 2 you did today also.

Lauren (mytime) said...

Oh Im lovin it! The brads are perfect!!! Its like the snail in motion!