Friday, September 28, 2007

Lsc135 Flying Monkeys



I had alot of fun with todays challenge. We had to use a halloween image with a non halloween sentiment. I decided to also use non halloween colors for my card. Everyone who knows me personally knows I can be a bit sassy!LOL! I love the sassy sentiments in Missy B designs Sassy girls! I knew I wanted to use a MFT set for Kirsten's contest and I thought of my sassy girls sentiment.."dont make me get my flying monkeys"LOL! I love it! I called Mom to make sure using that sentiment wasnt "cheating". She said I should use one of my monkey images on the card too but I thought they would be too big. So we thought of using polyshrink to make a charm. I did two things on this card I havent done before polyshrink and paper piecing. YYYAAAAYY for me!LOL!

I started out with a choc chip base 4 x 5 1/2. I layered my American crafts dp measuring 3 7/8 x 5 3/8. I started out with the idea of using Wed sketch challenge but the sentiment wouldnt work right for it and I HAD to keep the sentiment so I had to adjust the layout. I used choc chip 1 1/2 x 5 3/8 with cameo coral ribbon wrapped around it for the center of the card. To get my charm to lay right I used a faux bow and used a glue dot to attach my knot to my ribbon. For my main image I used MFT fright night set. I didnt want the bats in the corner showing so I covered it w/a quickutz photo corner. The witch is paper pieced w/dp and colored w/prisma color pencils. I sponged the edges of the paper pieced dress and the main image. I matted cameo coral and so saffron with 1/8" mats. I stamped the sentiment on the opposite side of dp in timber brown and matted w/so saffron. The entire main image is up on dimensionals.

Madison went back to school today after much debate!LOL! She thought it would be better to wait until Monday to got back to school. Alana is already having to take breathing treatments and on steriods b/c shes having trouble. See told you 2-3 days did I nail it or what?!??! Peanut season-such a joy! Its so bad right now you can walk out the door and taste the peanut dust! Hope you have a great weekend! My cousins bridal shower is tommorrow so I will be back to show you a cute little gift I made for her.

4 comments:

Sew Club said...

Super cute and creative! Thanks for playing along!

Charmaine (CharmWarm) said...

Adorable card, Shannon! I can't believe you have a problem with a peanut mill! Oh my goodness, Savannah would DIE if we lived there! How do you deal with that?

Tandra said...

HILARIOUS!!! And totally cute!! Love the monkey! Great colors!

Anonymous said...

OHH you bad girl, you better keep them flying monkeys in their cages. Ha Ha