Tuesday, March 4, 2008

Wild Saffron Blossoms



Todays colors challenge was so saffron, wild wasabi, and purely pomegrante so of course I had to do flowers!LOL! My secret lil sis emailed me the other day and in the email she was talking about flowers and said she loved yellow flowers so I made this card for her for her reveal package.

The pop is some of my fave dps. I used the level 1 hostess pack that has wild wasabi the other colors in it are real red, bashful blue, and pretty in pink. I also used some so saffron. The stamp set I used is a retired stamp set I think it was a level 2 hostess set Both way blossoms. I watercolored the flowers and stems-something I havent done in a while. I used Julies mojo Monday sketch 27 for my layout. The sentiment stamp is from PTI in the faux ribbon set. I love all the small sentiments in that set. I had to add kraft into the color combo mainly b/c I didnt have any ribbon in any of the other colors that I thought fit the theme of the card but I have this kraft taffeta ribbon and it seemed to fit better. Hope you have a great day! We are supposed to have some severe weather here today and I hate bad weather! Our land is soooo unlevel that our house is 5 1/2 feet off the ground on one end to have the house level. It touches my shoulder! LOL! Anyway when there is alot of wind it terrifies me!

4 comments:

Neva said...

SO PRETTY, Love this. Great job on the color challenge, great layout

Neva said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Corie said...

Wow, this is so BEAUTIFUL!!

jjcreations said...

Very nice card. I like how the two outside tabs are offset form each other. Beautiful.
Joan