Monday, March 3, 2008

Chalkboard Essence



I was up for a little challenge last night so I decided to pull one of my new SU sets that have yet to see ink out and give them some love!LOL! I knew I wanted to use Beate wsc37 so I went to the color combo website and hit surprise me. It gave me choc chip, cranberry crisp, taken w/teal, black, and basic gray. Wow! This is what I came up with. I wanted to try a new technique so I went browsing through and saw Beate's tutorial on the chalkboard technique and since you use dark cs it was perfect for the colors! Yippee!LOL!

I love how this card turned out and I stuck w/my challenge except for omitting choc chip from the colors. I love the chalkboard technique and I will be trying it again! So my challenge to you is what I did pick a set and a layout( a SCS sc or a bloggers sc) and find a technique you havent tried then go to the color combo website and hit surprise me and use it! No cheating now!LOL! Heres the link for the color combo website if you dont already have it! http://www.scraptitude.com/colorcombo/

1 comment:

Neva said...

this is wonderful.I have to try that technique soon. Thanks for the info on a new technique. Great card. love the color combo too