Monday, March 10, 2008


Well this has been a crazy morning already!LOL! Right in the middle of making my card I got a call for a job so I rushed to finish my card and get it posted. I got the card posted on SCS and about that time the phone rang and they didnt need me. Great!LOL! All that rushing for nothing!
Sorry I havent posted in the past few days but last week kicked my tail!LOL! This morning isnt much better. How fast did this weekend go by!?!?! I hate the time change b/c we have to leave the house at 7:15 for the kids to get on the bus at 7:20 and its still very dark this time of year. Okay on to the card...
Todays challenge is something Ive never heard of before but I decided to give it a go. Faux cloisonne' is the technique today you stamp an open image onto a glossy magazine page and emboss in gold. I found a surefit slipcover ad and used it. I pulled the colors from the couch for my card. I used so saffron, mellow moss, choc chip, cranberry crisp. I rarely use gold so I tried to used a few gold embellies on my card. I dont know why I rarely use gold I guess Im just a silver kinda girl. I think I own like 2 pieces of gold jewerly and one is a ring of my grandmothers that is about 100 yrs old now.
I love the sentiments in Happy harmony from last years SAB they are some of my faves so I used one today on my card. The fonts match elegant greetings and well worn words so I went w/well worn words on my so saffron and cranberry layers. I know Im jumping all over the place here!LOL! Be back tommorrow w/a better train of thought!LOL!

3 comments:

Neva said...

WOW Shannon, this is totally AWESOME. Love, Love, Love it. The flower is wonderful. Love the pearl brad center. this is just so elegant and lovely. Way to nail a technique challenge and combine it with the sketch challenge too.

Debby Winters said...

What a fantastic card! Love it!
Oh!! and thanks so much I got my blog candy and I love it!!!!!

Neva said...

Hi Shannon, thought I would let you know you've been tagged. Please play along.