Thursday, March 20, 2008

Morning Glory





I was not happy at all with my card on Monday so when I saw the color challenge(kraft, orchid opulence, and sage shadow) I knew I wanted to keep it simple. I made this over at Mama's so I had to use her new set that I dont have yet. Its called Morning Soft and includes this beautiful flower image and sentiment. I have been wanting to try coloring w/my prismacolor pencils on kraft paper so the color challenge was a perfect time to do it! I added crystal stickles to the flowers and leaves after coloring. I matted the main image on sage shadow. The orchid opulence layer is stamped with fine lace tone on tone and adhered to the kraft 5 1/4 x 5 1/4 card base. I kept the embellishments limited too but using the kraft taffeta ribbon and a ribbon slider (that I swiped from Mama!LOL) I love this image so you will be seeing it again. It was fun to color and you know Im all about the coloring. Tommorrow I actually have a card to share w/no coloring!*GASP*!


I also wanted to share with you this pic from the beach. We went to the state park while at the beach for Danny and his Dad to fish I think its called St. Andrews. As we were leaving we saw these two deer so of course we had to stop and take a pic. They just kept eating but they were right beside the road so the kids could see them up close and they loved it. Madison saw them and said "Bambi!!"LOL! Gotta love Disney!

1 comment:

Neva said...

You did a wonderful job on your card and I am glad I could provide you with the necessary supplies to complete it. I had fun with you Tuesday. You did not tell me about the deer. They are so adorable. Great pic.