Tuesday, March 25, 2008

Wild about flaps


I challenged myself to use bold stamps this week. NO COLORING! So far so good! 2 days of no colored images! I made this card for todays color challenge. The colors are soft sky, basic gray and whisper white. I used PTI white instead and added going gray. I knew when I saw the colors I wanted to use my much neglected wild about you set! Laurief's card yesterday was so cute and I wanted to use her card as my inspiration. I stamped the elephant twice one in going gray and once in soft sky on the soft sky image I used my going gray to add a rock and rolled look for the ear. I cut the elephant and ear out and popped up the ear. I layered the ellie on circle punches and then the scallop punch. I decided to leave the flap sq today instead of rounding it and pierced along the edge. I also added soft sky double stitched ribbon. The going gray layer is stamped with the polka dot background inked in basic gray. I used the circle punches again for the sentiment. I stamped the wild about you on PTI white inked in soft sky. Easy card!
Okay funny story to share. You know with 3 kids its never a dull moment!LOL! I know my story is one of those you had to be there kinda things and you would have to know Alana and some of her cute looks!LOL! Yesterday after we got home from school and we were going through bookbags, homework folders, etc. Alana pulls this paper out and starts reading it and it was something about Disney so I asked her what it was. She said I dont know it says American Red cross and its at the baptist church so of course she wants to go. The child has no idea what it is she just knows it says Disney so of course she wants to go. I said uh-huh. She flips it over and reads again Please give and then she come to me and asks me what the word is as shes souding it out. I said blood. Blood she says why? So I told her they take blood from you and give it to people who need that are hurt or sick. Well how to they take it?she asks. Okay now Im thinking how to I put this! So I tell her its like when you get a shot they use the needle to get blood. Her eyes get really big and she puts her pointer finger up and wiggles it back and forth (in a no no motion) and says oh no I dont want wanna do that. Okay so it may not sound that funny to you but Im here in tears laughing so hard trying to type this b/c it was the look on her face that just made it! So cute! Bet she doesnt care what the Disney stuff is now!LOL!! Have a great day!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

cute card!

Neva said...

Shannon this is just tooo cute. love that elephant. Great use of today's colors too. I had a really hard time with them and not sure I will be using them again.

Charmaine (CharmWarm) said...

Oh Shannon, I LOVE both flap cards! They are adorable!