Wednesday, March 19, 2008

Wanted Cowgirl

Happy Hump day!LOL! Sorry no post yesterday but I spent some much needed time with Mama. We had us some serious stamping therapy!LOL! Anyway I took pics of my cards but w/her camera so when I got home I needed to take some w/mine....well it just never happened!LOL!

I ordered this super adorable cowgirl image from MFT and it came in before we went to the beach so I had to give her some ink today! The first time I saw the set all I could think about was pairing it with the SU Outlaw dps. I used todays sketch challenge for the layout and cut 3 dps at different widths. I think they are 2 1/8, 1 3/8, and 1 7/8. All are 3 1/4" tall. I layered them on really rust and distressed the top and bottom then sponged w/choc chip ink. I added faux stitching to the dps. Alot of work but I love how it looks! I also added some ribbon from Joanns the color is natural and is a pretty close match to creamy caramel. For the main image I stamped the cowgirl on very vanilla I colored everything except the dress and arm w/my prismacolor pencils and blended w/gamsol. I paper pieced the dress and sponged. I added hemp to the rope in the image. Boy that was NOT easy!LOL! I dont have small hands! Thank goodness for my Sakura glue pen. I stamped her arm again and colored it to pop up on the rope. I layered the image choc chip and then sage shadow. To finish off my card I punched a star from the dp and popped it up on the corner of my image.

3 comments:

Neva said...

Shannon this is so adorable. great job on the sketch and getting this adorable image dirty. I had fun using mine last week after it came. Great choice of dp too.

Shannan Teubner said...

Super cute card, girl!

Charmaine (CharmWarm on SCS) said...

Shannon, this is ADORABLE! Love it!