Wednesday, March 19, 2008

Wanted Cowgirl

Happy Hump day!LOL! Sorry no post yesterday but I spent some much needed time with Mama. We had us some serious stamping therapy!LOL! Anyway I took pics of my cards but w/her camera so when I got home I needed to take some w/mine....well it just never happened!LOL!

I ordered this super adorable cowgirl image from MFT and it came in before we went to the beach so I had to give her some ink today! The first time I saw the set all I could think about was pairing it with the SU Outlaw dps. I used todays sketch challenge for the layout and cut 3 dps at different widths. I think they are 2 1/8, 1 3/8, and 1 7/8. All are 3 1/4" tall. I layered them on really rust and distressed the top and bottom then sponged w/choc chip ink. I added faux stitching to the dps. Alot of work but I love how it looks! I also added some ribbon from Joanns the color is natural and is a pretty close match to creamy caramel. For the main image I stamped the cowgirl on very vanilla I colored everything except the dress and arm w/my prismacolor pencils and blended w/gamsol. I paper pieced the dress and sponged. I added hemp to the rope in the image. Boy that was NOT easy!LOL! I dont have small hands! Thank goodness for my Sakura glue pen. I stamped her arm again and colored it to pop up on the rope. I layered the image choc chip and then sage shadow. To finish off my card I punched a star from the dp and popped it up on the corner of my image.

3 comments:

Neva said...

Shannon this is so adorable. great job on the sketch and getting this adorable image dirty. I had fun using mine last week after it came. Great choice of dp too.

Shannan Teubner said...

Super cute card, girl!

Charmaine (CharmWarm) said...

Shannon, this is ADORABLE! Love it!