Thursday, July 5, 2007

Summertime Mystery Watercolor


Hello everyone! Today Im sharing with you some cards I made for my Mom. Yesterday while we were playing I went through some of her Close to my heart stamps. This was the stamp of the month last month that she received. She loved the stamp set but after looking at it had a hard time trying to find ways to use it. So...darling daughter that I am I brought it home to help inspire her.
I used a technique called Watercolor Mystery I found it on Ericka Martins awesome blog. Its a simple techinque to use and you get different results everytime. My Moms favorite technique is embossing so I thought this would be right up her alley. You stamp your image w/versamark on white paper and use clear embossing powder. Color your image w/watercolor crayons and blender w/aquapainter. Let your image dry and iron your image in between two sheets of computer paper to take off the embossing. If you want to see the tutorial visit Ericka's blog. www.stampinmama.typepad.com
The summertime image is layered on close to cocoa and regal rose (it looks bright pink in the pic though!) The strip is green galore and the ribbon is American Crafts. I used Basic Grey Phoebe paper and sanded it over my white card base. Remeber you can always click on the pic if you would like to see it larger.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Thank you so much, you are such a good daughter. I appreciate your help.