Wednesday, July 4, 2007

Sc131 Christmas in July

Hey everyone! I hope you a fabulous day today! We had a classic 4th of July here. Grilling, swimming, watching fireworks/firecrackers, and (tryin) to catch fireflies. It was a day filled with my favorite things family, fun, stampin, and good food. The kids have sacked out from complete exhaustion from the day!
While at my Moms today we decided to do some playin and do the sketch challenge for today. I decided to pull out this fluffles image since I dont have it and play with it and it was the perfect size for the image in todays sketch. He is so cute! I watercolored the fluffles image using pencils and blender pen. I went over the christams spirit w/the pencils and then w/the blender pen to make it stand out. I used the blue to make a shadow around fluffles which actually didnt turn out the way I wanted but I did it last and didnt want to redo the image so I just went with it! The fluffles image is matted on glorious green,brilliant blue, and real red. I stamped crosshatch on the second layer w/glorious green and used the gel pen to put some dots(that I should have left out) on the crosshatch. The brilliant blue layer has the lights stamped in black stazon then I stamped the lights again in white and colored them to pop them up on the blue layer. The lights are from Michaels $1 bin from this past Christmas. The ribbon is from Walmart. The card base is real red.
Check out my Moms card in the SCS gallery under n5stamper.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Beautiful Card, coloring, matting, everything. Can every day be July 4th. Now that was fun!! :)

Kim Forsyth said...

I just love fluffles - cute card!