Thursday, July 5, 2007

Last one I promise

This is the last card I made using the Summertime stamps. This card is a little on the bright side! The card base is yoyo yellow stamped with canvas in basic black. The green galore layer is stamped with the fruit slices from Citrus and Such. I embossed the image with black ep and colored w/SU markers. Embossing is a great way to get your color to "fall" into place. I love images embossed and watercolored but I wanted a more vivid color with this image so I used markers instead. I used colors from bold brights to color the image. FYI you cant use gamsol on embossed images it takes the ep off ask me how I know!

I sponged the main image w/real red and layered it on real red then basic black. The blue ric rac I got from Hobby Lobby and matches brilliant blue perfectly!

I used basically the same things on each card. 1 strip of paper the main image and mats and one embelishment or accent to show the different looks you can get w/a few supplies. Hope you enjoy it!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Oh, thank you Shannon. I love it.