Saturday, October 31, 2009

Fresh Snowfall

While my kids were cleaning their room today so they could go trick or treating I threw a card together. I used Jens sfytt for my layout. LOVE this sketch so you will probably see it again this week! I was going through some of my dp and pulling out some old Christmas dp to use and came across this SU parisan breeze (I think!) and thought it would work for Christmas too. I colored (with copics) up this fun Whipper Snapper snowman called Fresh Snowfall to match the dp. I actually got a second card made I will share with you tommorrow. Yes it takes my kids THAT long to clean their room!LOL!! Poor Alana cleaned her room and then got sick 15 minutes into us trick or treating. So I had to bring her home and Daddy had to take the other 2. Hope you had a happy Halloween!

8 comments:

Emily said...

I love, love love this Whipper Snapper snowman! He's on my wish list. You've done a terrific job of showcasing him on your card. I love your non-traditional choice of paper! Way to craft outside the box. I don't do enough of that. I really like the shading you did around him and the great coloring job:)) The snowflakes are a perfect finishing touch. I'm putting this into my "Gotta Case It" file.

Lisa Foster said...

This is sooooo CUTE! I LOVE this snowman! Awesome job with that sketch too...I'm working on that one too! Great colors, Shanon!
Hugs,
Lisa

Neva said...

OMGosh this is AWESOME! Jessie was standing over my shoulder while I was looking and said "WOW, who made that beauty?" when I told him it was you he just smiled and said "man she is great at that, isn't she?" My mommy pride was overflowing. Great job honey.
He also LOVES the dancing frog on your blog. too cute. Made him giggle.

Michelle B. AKA JustPaintingAround said...

FAB-O! Love the chocolate and blue color scheme for a snowman. Take care of that poor little one!

Dawn Cosgrove said...

Awesome card! LOVE the color combo!!

Dawn B. said...

Beautiful coloring Shannon.. I love the browns and blues.. Super job..

Jodi Collins said...

These are GORGEOUS GORGEOUS GORGEOUS!!! LOVE your coloring on both of these!!!

Anonymous said...

Absolutely brilliant, love the image, colouring and papers.
Barbara