Friday, April 18, 2008

Long Quiet Moments

I missed stamping yesterday. We have a very busy day and I have the sunburn to prove it!LOL! Yesterday was field day. It was cold most of the morning so of course I didnt think about sunscreen b/c I had on a jacket. Well about 12 or 1 I had to shed the jacket. Yeah! I have a shirt tan!LOL! The kids had a blast though. I have some pics I will share tommorrow. Last night I had to work again another 2:30 a.m. morning getting home. Thank goodness today was only a 1/2 day of school! Boy I will sleep good tonight after I get off work!

Todays challenge was to make a long card at least and no dp. I've had these textured long card by K & Co. for awhile now and I dont think I've used but one in the pack of 12. The one I chose to use today is close to old olive. I have a very hard time w/long cards for some reason! Too much empty space!LOL! I wanted to keep the layout simple since it was a limited supply challenge. I stamped crosshatch on rose red tone on tone instead of using dp. The sentiment is stamped in old olive and pierced underneath it. I added pomegrante dew drops for yesterdays acrylic challenge. I also used an unmounted image from Treehouse stamps. This image is from the Quiet moments set. Is it not the cutest!?!! I colored the image using prismacolor pencils and blending w/gamsol. I sponged olive and turquoise on the edges. The colors came from an outfit I bought Madison the other day. This image reminds me of Madison so I colored it like her. I may give this to her for her bday. Here is a close up of the image but for some reason the pic is a little darker than the card but you get the idea right!?!?! Have a great day!


1 comment:

Neva said...

Such a fun card. Love the coloring. Great job of coloring. Love the cheesecloth.