Sunday, April 27, 2008

Amazing sf9erfan

Todays featured stamper is Michelle sf9erfan. Michelle has an amazing gallery and I was very excited to case one of her cards. I kept the layout on Michelle's card but changed the stamp and colors.
I love this color combo! Amy pickletree made a card a few weeks ago using it and its been on my to-stamp list.
Ive been on a so saffron kick lately I dont know why! But here it is again today!LOL! I started with a perfect plum base -when I first started stamping my fave color combo was pale and perfect plum but I havent used either in a long time! I stamped the pretty petals background on textured guava tone on tone. For my main image panel I stamped the flower in perfect plum and added some bling. I decided this time not to cut the flower and pop it up since I was popping up the prismacolored bird. I used my Fiskars circle cutter to cut out a 2" and 2 1/2" circle to layer on the scallop punch. The saffron layer is paper pierced and I added faux stitching with the perfect plum marker. The saffron layer is matted on guava and then on plum. To finish off my card I added the guava double stitched ribbon and bow.

Have a great day!


3 comments:

Neva said...

WOW Shannon you really out done yourself on this one. GREAT JOB. I love this. I love the color combo and all of those layers. Hey you even finished you faux stitching without messing it up. LOL. GREAT JOB.

Denise Marzec said...

I love So Saffron too....it's a good kick to be on, LOL! Love it paired with these other colors. I might have to try it too. Great card!

Julia Aston said...

Love the colors on this Shannon! great cut out hummingbird - very pretty card!