Wednesday, June 3, 2009

Urban Prarie Bee


Have I said how much I love the urban prarie dp?!! Love this stuff!! Ive been wanting to pair this dp with Kim Hughes bees and I thought todays sketch was the time to do it! I also used some bazzil bitty blooms Ive had forever. Im addicted to buttons right now for some reason so I had to add a black button and some twine to the bitty bloom. I colored the bee using copics y13, y15, and y17 then outlined the wings in c1 and added stardust stickles to the wings but it doesnt show up too good in the pic. I also used some thin polka dot ribbon Ive had for awhile that I got at Walmart. The inside is stamped with a Studio G sentiment Just beecause. Have a great day!

Stamps: The birds and the bees, studio g
Paper: urban prarie dp, black, coredinations yellow, white
Ink: memento black, copics y13, y15, y17, c1
Accessories: stardust stickles, bazzil bitty blooms, buttons, hemp, polka dot ribbon, dimensionals, sq nesties

6 comments:

Neva said...

Shannon this is just fantastic, Love the dp matched with that darling bee image

Riet said...

What a gorgeous card Shannon,l love the papers and colours.

Hugs Riet.x

Emily said...

What a sweet card Shannon! Love the little bees and that DP is just perfect. Great take on the challenge!

Suzy said...

Oh my the little bee on the honeycomb paper is a fab idea- this card is so sweet!

ChristineCreations said...

They so suit each other! I've yet to use that sheet in the stack...you've got me thinking!

LeAnne said...

I love this paper, too, and anything bee-y. Is that even a word?
LeAnne