Tuesday, February 17, 2009

Rock and Rolled Kisses

Is 2009 over yet?!?! SERIOUSLY (said in my best Meredith Gray voice!) this has not been a great year for me so far!LOL! We had to cancel our trip to FL b/c Madison got sick Thursday night. We spent Saturday Alanas bday in the ER b/c Madison had strep and scarlet fever. Thank goodness they were out of school Friday and Monday!! I have not had time to even think about stamping until late last night!LOL! The kids are all well and back in school today and I finally got to stamp!!

I used todays color challenge and inked up this swirly butterfly from Treehouse stamps. The butterfly and sentiment are from a new set called Butterfly kisses. I rock and rolled the butterfly in kiwi kiss, more mustard, and then rose red at the very edges. Ive not used this technique in a long time and love how it looks on this butterfly!! I started out using Mercys sketch but my butterfly is too large so I had to go with plan B!LOL!!
Have a great day!!

4 comments:

Denise Marzec said...

Oh no, I'm sorry you had to cancel your trip. :(

Love your card though...very cute!!

Lisa Foster said...

Holey Shamoley, Girl! Glad the kids are better...sorry about your trip :( Just think...all of the bad stuff is out of the way... nothin' ahead but sunshine & clear skies for the rest of 2009!

Your card is just awesome! I LOVE IT!!! What a beautiful job with what I thought was a very though color challenge!

ChristineCreations said...

Oy Shannon - that is NOT fun family stuff. Hopefully things are on the mend soon!

Definitely a cheery butterfly - just what YOU need right now!

Neva said...

Shannon this is awesome. I have a very hard time with r&r tech but you have mastered the art.
I love your new blog look. So cute