Monday, January 5, 2009

Glittered Angel


Todays technique challenge is to make striped paper using tacky tape and glitter. It made a mess but its sooo worth it!! I went digging through my glitter and found 3 tubes of glitter I got in a pack from Walmart forever ago!LOL! I love the colors!! I used 1/2" tacky tape to make my stripes. I colored the angel from H & M stamps Calling all angels using gamsol magic. This set will be on sale Jan 6-7 so dont forget to stop by H & M!! Heather is having a HUGE garage sale and you wont want to miss it!!
I used my oval nesties to cut and emboss my oval and stamped the sentiment under the angel. The layout is from Mary Jo's sketch challenge. I used circle punches and teal brads from Pink Hedgehog Papercrafts. I made this for my little girl for Valentines Day and I have to say I love how it turned out and I know she'll love it too sparkle, pink, purple...whats not to love?!!?LOL!

3 comments:

MJ said...

Beautiful, love that angel. I agree those colors of glitter are perfect, fantastic job on both the sketch and the sticky glitter challenge. You rock! Thanks for playing along.

Neva said...

Shannon I am so in love with this beauty. GREAT JOB!

Kimberly Gajewski said...

Love that glitter paper that you've created here Shannon! What a wonderful idea! Beautiful job with Mary Jo's sketch! :D