Wednesday, June 4, 2008

Unfrogettable smile

Its getting closer...retirement list! I love this set and hope its not on the retired list. I had to pull him out and give him some love just in case! I also had to make this card today to share a story with you.
Okay we went to my Moms house Friday to eat lunch and swim. We have been studying bugs these past couple of weeks and my kids can now spot a bug a mile away!LOL! So Madison was looking for bugs around Mama's porch and found a baby frog. She got her a cup and filled it to the top with water and pulled up some grass and threw in it. Now all of the above is something Im not aware of yet. After she's put the frog in the cup full of water and grass thhheennn she comes to me and says Mama look what I found can I keep him. I look in the cup and see the frog. Okay! Madison are you trying to drown the frog is all I can say. So I pour out over half the water and tell her yes she can keep it. So after we leave Mamas house we make a quick stop at Walmart to pick up a house for the frog. Its called backyard habitat and we first saw it a week or so ago and I told them when we got to frogs we would get one and watch the frog grow from a tadpole. So we get to the car and the frog is dead. I thought maybe the frog got too hot in the car even though I had let down the windows and the frog was in water. At this point my child is ticked off with me b/c I wouldnt let her take the frog inside Walmart. We get home and show the dead frog in the cup to my hubby who tells Madison she drowned her frog. The jury is still out on that one! Who knows! Okay so fast forward to Saturday afternoon we are getting the pool ready and we have a friend. A rainfrog....here comes Madison. She chased that frog for 15 minutes trying to get it I got so tickled at her until......She gets back around to where I am and tries to catch the frog who then jumps on my leg! I screamed he jumped! Madison caught him! It was so funny. My MIL got a real kick out of it! So now we have a pet rainfrog named Emily who we have managed to not drown yet!LOL!
Okay about the card. I pulled out my unfrogettable set and the sketch drawn out. I knew I wanted to use some dp on the bottom half of the card and went digging through my scraps and found a peice of wintergreen dp. I punched out a piece for my sentiment using the WW punch. The sentiment I used is from Verve Visual. I love the sentiment! It fits for alot of my images. I colored the frog with prismacolor pencils and blended w/gamsol then outlined him with copic marker. I then covered him with crystal effects. I used the fiskars circle cutter to cut out my circle. I added celery ribbon and dew drops for the embellishments. Have a great day!

1 comment:

Neva said...

Shannon this is just darling, love this set and I too hope it does not retire but I am afraid it may.