Tuesday, June 10, 2008

Real Regal Punny Farm

Todays color challenge is real red, regal rose, and so saffron. At first I thought ackkk..but as I was pulling out the colors I got inspired. Yayyy. Love when that happens. LOL. I knew I wanted to use a MFT set with the Mftsc34. Ive neglected my MFT images lately so I wanted to give them so love.

My card base is real red stamped tone on tone w/the weathered background. The saffron layer is also stamped tone on tone w/ the chicken wire background. I used primsacolor pencils and gamsol to color all the images and used copic marker cool gray no.1 to outline the images. I used Fiskars oval to cut out my ovals. For my embellishments I decided to not use ribbon on my card *gasp*. I used 2 large pewter eyelets and placed a crystal bella bauble in the center. The right side still needed something so I decided to do some faux stitching. This is the point where I wish I would have left it alone. My white gel pen decided to act up this morning. It threw up on my card. LOL! It just came gushing out so if you're wondering I was going for the crossstitch. Other than the white gel pen blobs I love how my card turned out today.

We're off to the library. The kids are in the catch the reading bug program and they have a little show today. I think its a juggler. Last week they had a clown and the kids loved it. Brayden got to help do a trick. He was so cute.

3 comments:

Neva said...

So glad you showed your MFT some much needed love. I have heard them crying saying "please use me" and you just ignore them. LOL. This is just too cute. love the chicken wire background.

Denise Marzec said...

I love it! These images go PERFECTLY with today's colors. Awesome card!

Niki Estes said...

Love your coloring! What a cute card!