Wednesday, June 18, 2008

Bold Bright Sunshine

I made this card for todays sketch challenge Sc181. I love the sketch!!


When the retirement list was posted I of course pulled out all my sets that will be retiring to use over the next month. Time well spent is one I have barely used. I think the problem is the few cards Ive made with this set have not been my faves. I am happy with my card today though!LOL! For my main image I stamped the large flower on pti white w/pallette noir and colored with prismacolor pencils. I then added an outline to the flower using copic cool gray No.1. For the pink passion panel I stamped the smallest flower image randomly and used the white gel pen to color in the middle of the flower. I added the ribbon that inspired my colors to the left side of the card. I still thought the card needed something so I went in search for a sentiment b/c the sentiments that come with the set were too large. I came across the MFT sentiment Sending you sunshine and thought it fit the card b/c of the bright colors. I stamped the sentiment but when I did the end of the g and y didnt stamp as well b/c I already had my knot! Oops! So I went over them w/a SU marker. I added a line under the sentiment with the SU summer sun marker and used the mat pack to line up my 3 rhinestones. I attached the main image panel to the green galore card base stamped with polka dot background. After I attached the layers I added stickles to the flower. Ive learned the hard way to always add my stickles LAST!LOL!


For those of you who asked for a step by step process HTH! Have a great day!


5 comments:

Anonymous said...

very nıce blog

Neva said...

OK girl, hand that set over and no-one will get hurt. I have not even thought about using that one until now. What a gorgeous creation you have made here. LOVE IT!

Julia Aston said...

Great colors on this fun summery card!

Kim said...

Great colors!! Love your coloring!

Pam Varnell said...

Shannon,
I love this card. I'm a bright color kinda girl. Great job with the sketch.
Pam