Thursday, June 26, 2008

Groovy Plum Mojo Bird


Todays ways to use it challenge wt172 is to use birds on your card. Birds have been really hot in the stampin world this year! I love this bird from Spring Solitude its my fave hostess set from the S&S catalog. Its a level 2 hostess set and will be retiring soon so get it while you can!

For my card today I started with Julees Mojo43 for my layout. I started with the main image layers . I inked up the tree branch with close to cocoa marker. I used the wasabi reinker and a fantastix to make a temporary marker to ink up the leaves. I stamped the bird in perfect plum. I dont have the oval nesties yet so I had to leave off the scallops and use my fiskars oval cutter. The bird image is 2 x 2 1/2" and the wsabi mat is 2 1/4 x 3". The close to cocoa layer is 2 1/2 x 3 1/4 and I attached the oval layer to it. I knew I wanted to do something to the corners but decided to wait until I got the rest of the card made to see what I was going to do. I cut a 4 x 51/4" piece of perfect plum and a 3 x 4 piece of groovy guava. I stamped the wheel onto guava using tone on tone and attached it to the bottom of my plum layer. I then cut my textured cocoa card base 4 1/4 x 5 1/2. I put all the layer together to see what else I needed to add to my card. The plum looked kinda blah so I pierced it and added faux stitching with my plum marker. I wanted to do something to add more wasabi and guava so I pulled out my ribbons and decided to use the wasabi ds ribbon. I wanted to add a flower so I went digging through my very small stash of primas. I found a pretty close match to guava in a set of MM primas and brads I got at HL and because the flower is so small it fit perfectly over the leaves. My corners still needed something so I added piercing to 2 corners of the cocoa layer and used my cocoa marker for the faux stitching. I attached the main image layers with dimensionals. Now the only thing I had left to do was add the sentiment. which is usually the hardest thing for me!LOL! I have a very limited supply of senitments. I always want to get cute images instead of sentiments! The first sentiment I tried was a verve visual sentiment you brighten my day that fits the ww punch. I stamped it onto textured wasabi tone on tone. I put it on my card to see what it looked like before I attached it. I didnt really like the way it looked and then I thought about my oval punch since my main image was an oval. I had found that some of the verve sentiments fit the oval also. Not the one I had though!LOL! So it was back to searching for a sentiment. I pulled out the Pti faux ribbon set its always what I grab when I need a small font sentiment. I decided on the many thanks so my card went from a you brighten my day card to a thank you card!LOL! I attached the oval sentiment to the card and then I remebered HH!! I always forget to use it! When the stylized silver HH tin came out I HAD to have it. I love all things silver! Well today is the first time Ive used it. Isnt that why we buy stuff and hoard it so that when youre making a card and you think it needs just one more thing your precious stash comes to the resuce and now you've used it at least once so can buy some more!LOL!


Have a great day!

1 comment:

Neva said...

this is wonderful, love the colors. great job on this.