Monday, June 9, 2008

Spring Solitude Suprise Pop Up



Todays technique challenge was to make a suprise pop up card. I like to make them they are just harder to photograph. Ive havent made one in awhile and I just got this Spring Solitude set. LOVE IT! I can believe I waited so long to get it!LOL!


A couple of months ago I was browsing through the CTMH catalog and wrote down a few color combos from their dp. This was one of my faves. My choc chip layer is embossed w/stylized flowers ef. The pink back panel and soft sky pull out tag layer are stamped tone on tone with the flower cluster from the set. I stamped the sentiment from Hugs and wishes onto the pink passion layer w/choc chip ink. For my main image I inked the tree branch w/SU markers in choc chip and certainly celery and stamped on ww. The soft sky bird is getting ready for flight!LOL! Hes not quite on the branch. Next time I will definetly use my stamp-a-mig to make sure the bird is ON the branch! I used my fiskars circle cutter for the pink passion layer and to cut my main image. I used my choc chip marker to make the dots on my celery scallop layer. To finish off my card I added a Bazzill prima and K & Co celery colored bling to my main image. To my tag pull out layer I added a large pewter eyelet and soft sky ds ribbon.




Im very pleased w/how my card turned out today! Yaayyy! Btw I have to get new keyboard I think Ive worn out my exclamation point!LOL! Have a great day!







3 comments:

Neva said...

Love this, great job on the TLC, when can I borrow this set

Anonymous said...

I just love this color combo Shannon and the embossed bg is fantastic with that stamp set.
LaurieF

Anonymous said...

Great pop-up card - Shannon!!!
Believe it or not I have never made one - LOL!!! Love the set you have used too!!!

BTW - thanks for stopping over on my blog too!!! We live in Statesboro - which is about 45 minutes NW of Savannah...and boy is it hot right now!!! Where are you located???