Monday, October 29, 2007

Best in the field



Yes I finally made a card on the day of the challenge! Can you believe it?!!? I actually have a challenge combo card! Yaaaayyy for me!LOL!

This past weekend my MIL had a shirt that had a pic of a scarecrow with "Best in the field" on wooden sign and I thought it was the cutest! So of course I took the idea and put it on a card. The card layout is called the Z fold and is Beate's weekend sketch challenge #25. The bayou base is stamped w/flannel plaid tone on tone. The main image is a cracked glass image which is todays technique challenge. I colored the Hambo scarecrow w/my prismacolor pencils before embossing w/UTEE for the cracked glass. I had to use my wasabi new ribbon so I used the color combo: blue bayou, choc chip, wild wasabi, ruby red, and river rock. I also added in pumpkin pie for the pumpkins. I printed the sentiment out on my computer and used the large oval punch and dimensionals. The button keeps the card closed. River rock photo corner is quickutz.

I was having a good day until I realized what today was and it was like I hit a brick wall. We lost my Granny Hickey 18 years ago today to cancer. Her funeral was actually on Halloween day so for a long time it was too hard to enjoy the day it just didnt seem right. Those of you who read my blog regulary will probably remeber the card I posted sent to me by Cindy (mothermark) with the three little fishies song my Granny used to sing to me. I L'dOL a few times today remebering things about her! Okay yall all know how I love to tell stories so here's another one. My Granny moved in with us a few weeks before she passed away and I had a friend name Julie and her nick name was Poofy (b/c she had her hair cut like one of the guys from New Kids on the block I think his name was Danny). Dont ask!LOL! It was a dare LOL! Anywho...Granny always called her Poopy she could never get her name right! Rest in peace Granny you will be loved forever!

3 comments:

Neva said...

This is just adorable. Great job on this and combining challenges too. Way to go.

Keri Brown said...

great job... i love cracked glass...

by the way... tag... your it...

check out my blog for details at
http://gotstamps.blogspot.com/2007/10/ive-been-tagged.html

Charmaine (CharmWarm) said...

This is just adorable, Shannon!