Friday, June 4, 2010

Summer Melon

Since summer has started I decided to pull out all my summer stamps this week and start playing with them. This adorable image from High Hopes caught my eye first. She is just a doll! If only it were a boy it would be perfect for my little man cuz he loves him some watermelon!LOL!! I colored this playing around with a hair color combo I saw on Kims blog yr14, yr18, e09, e19( I think she used 18 but I didnt have it so I used 19). I love playing around with different hair colors and skin tones. If I see one on someones blog I always jot it down and the blog to try later. So I have a post it note pad full of stuff by my computer!LOL! Okay so back to the card after coloring her hair, skin tone, and melon (r22, r24, r27, r29) cuz I mean what color are you gonna use other than red for that?!LOL! I had to decide what color I wanted to color her dress. So I thought she just looked like a blue kinda girl. I used B00, B01, and B12 for her dress. The grass was colored using yg21, 23, 25, and 63. So after I had her colored up she waited patiently on my desk for a couple of days before she made it onto this card today. I went looking for a sketch and found Jens sfytt and decided it was perfect for this little girl. Then I went onto hunt for some dp and staying true to my promise I pulled out my SU dp first. BINGO! Rainbow sherbert! I cut the girl with the circle nestie and sponged a little apricot appeal around the nestie to tie the color into my image. Im just weird that like!LOL! If I use a dp all the colors have to be somewhere in my image! Okay so these papers really are super bright so I had to tone them down a little with some antique linen sponged on them. I added a little ribbon from my ribbon stash and added one of Tori's bow and done! Thanks for stopping by today and listening to my babble!LOL! Hope you enjoyed the card!

1 comment:

Neva said...

Um how do I not have this image? I love this darling little watermelon eating girl. She is adorable and you have her colored so wonderful. Great dp choice too.