Friday, May 2, 2008

Go Bananas

Have I ever said how much I hate Fridays!?!? Seriously is this school year over yet?!? Okay... let me explain Fridays are show and tell and every Friday is a war here with me and Brayden. He wants to take the same thing every week! The child has a million toys and wants to take the same 2 Webkins every week! Thank goodness only one more show and tell left!LOL!!



Okay Im through venting now on to the card. I love animals! Have I ever said that!LOL! Todays challenge was circles. This is a card I made earlier this week and I got lucky it fit for todays challenge. Shhh!! Dont tell anyone!LOL! The layout is a sketch challenge from Taylors blog. I made this card for my hubby of course. The inside says "Lets go bananas!" The card base is choc chip ( 4 1/4 x 5 1/2) I layered wild wasabi(4 1/8 x 5 1/2) then celery ( 4 x 5 1/2). I stamped the vines from Monkey business onto the celery layer randomly with wasabi ink. The circle panel is choc chip(2 x 4 1/4) layered with wasabi ( 1 7/8 x 4 1/4). I stamped the bananas from Monkey business3 times onto PTI white w/barely banana ink and punched them out with the 1 1/4" circle punch and layered them with 1 3/8" banana cs. The center banana is popped up on dimensionals. I stamped the monkey from Zoofari onto PTI white 2 times and colored w/prismacolor pencils and blended w/gamsol. I cut both the monkeys out and let me tell you they were not the easiest things to cut out!LOL! I popped them up on dimenisonals also. The sentiment just the 2 of us is from Many Happy Returns stamped on the celery layer in choc chip ink. To finish off my card I paper pierced the edges and added faux stitching w/the choc chip marker.



Have a great day!

2 comments:

Neva said...

Shannon this is just too cute. love the monkeys and the bananas on the circles are so cute. Way to nail a Ruffled LSC. Great job.

Renee said...

Very cute...love the monkeys and bananas!