Sunday, February 24, 2008

FS55 Some people feel the rain

Congrats to Mary Jo a wonderful stamper! Any of you who visit my blog know I admire Mary Jo and her wonderful style! Mary Jo was chosen for Featured stamper today! YAYY!!! It was fun going through her gallery which I realized today I have almost her entire gallery in my favorites!LOL!

I chose to case her rain or shine card. I changed to dp to the new Jersey shore dp. I love the colors in this dp and I thought the polka dot dp was perfect to paper piece matching her shoes. I also paper pieced the dog sweater. Let me tell you that was NOT easy!LOL! My hands are not small! I thought Mary Jo's layout out was wonderful so I only changed it to fit my sentiment. I intended to have the sentiment stamped on two layer like "others just get wet but it wouldnt fit so I had to adjust. I colored the water puddle, do, boots, and skin with prismacolor pencils. I had to use a plate to make the curved edge b/c I dont have a CM or coluzzle circle. FYI that got added to my long list of wants today!LOL! My card is far from as wonderful as Mary Jo's but Im pretty pleased with it.

Hope you all have had a wonderful weekend. I took the kids Glo bowling yesterday and they had a blast! Too fun! Today we have my neices bday party. They were born about a week apart and they are having their 2nd bday party.

2 comments:

Neva said...

Shannon this is just wonderful. Great job of CASEing, lovely colors and coloring job. Lovely shading too. Gorgeous creation.

Anonymous said...

As someone who loves the rain... I LOVE this card. WONDERFUL sentiment! hehe